Monday, September 27, 2010

Reflection on Emotional Design

1. "Behavioral design is all about use. Appearance usually doesn't matter." This is my favorite quote from the chapter because I try to live my life like this. Although I do like to own things that look cool and everyone will think looks good, I like to have all my things work efficiently even if it doesn't look as cool.

2. All three of these categories are useful to me, but I would like to change the name of Visceral and Behavioral. I think Visceral should be changed to Look Design because it is exactly that; and Behavioral Design should be changed to Efficiency Design for the same reason as before.

3. A designer could look at these designs differently depending on what they are making. If they are trying to make a car, I think most people would like their car to look good, so Visceral might come first. If the designer is making a watch, then Behavioral Design might want to be considered more strongly.

No comments:

Post a Comment