Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Whyte vs. Gibbs

1. Whyte says it is important to have landscaping in front of stores, in particular tall trees. On the other hand, Gibbs believes that landscaping in front of stores isn't very necessary. He believes this because he thinks it will obscure the view of the stores. Gibbs talks about how traffic that is directed toward downtown helps the stores. He thinks this because he says it forces the people to look at the stores while the traffic flow is slow. However, Gibbs thinks good pedestrian flow is better than congested. I believe Gibbs way of analyzing is more effective because when I shop in my downtown I don't look at the landscaping.

2. The urban setting that appeals to me is an area with a lot of people. I have a better time when I am surrounded by people rather than in an area where I am all alone. It gives the area a good "vibe."

No comments:

Post a Comment